We are pleased to have a new Work Group (WG) approved and ready to solicit participants: WG #165(“MDA Support Process”). An issue statement for the new group is attached.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email containing your contact information to its leaders:
The Work Group leaders will contact prospective participants with further information about this Work Group.
If you are a mailer or mail owner, you had better familiarize yourself with this doc:
Mail Entry Roadmap
Updated Link: Mailpiece Design Analyst Help Desk Open Line Webinars for Mailers
The U.S. Postal Service® has launched a new help desk platform to streamline Mailpiece Design Analyst (MDA) customer service. The MDA Customer Service Help Desk is a centralized process that connects customers directly with MDAs who have specialized mailpiece design expertise. The new MDA Customer Service Help Desk system will automatically route customer calls and emails to help:
· Minimize customer handling and wait time
· Improve the customer call-back process by expediting customer connectivity with the MDA assigned to their ticket through the telephone menu option
· Enhance and simplify the customer experience through new telephone menu options
· Internally monitor customer interactions and responses to measure quality
Get directly connected with an MDA by calling 1-855-593-6093 or send an email to MDA@usps.gov. The MDA Customer Service Help Desk is available to all customers, internal and external, Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time, excluding holidays.
Open Line webinars will be hosted to provide mailers with an opportunity to ask questions or provide feedback about the new MDA Customer Service Help Desk process. In addition, MDA Help Desk customers are invited to complete a customer survey on their MDA customer service experience. A survey link is included at the bottom of each email correspondence with an MDA or you can Click Here to tell us about your latest MDA Customer Service Help Desk experience.
New Link! To join the MDA Customer Service Help Desk Open Line Call, click on the link below no more than 15 minutes before the start of the call.
Webinar Dates: Monday through Friday, August 18, 2014, through September 18, 2014
Time: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern Time
Meeting Number: 743 271 900
Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call:
Call-in toll-free number: 1-855-8607461 (US)
Conference Code: 260 841 5474
Additional information about the MDA Customer Service Help Desk can be found at RIBBS.usps.govunder the MDA Customer SVC Help Desk tab.
Hard to squash…
FAST Release 28 Known Issue
The Facility Access and Shipment Tracking® (FAST) System, Release v28.0 was deployed on Sunday August 24, 2014. Release 28 introduced updates to messages supported in Mail.XML 12.0A, 12.0B and 14.0A. These updates impacted specific Mail.XML messages for Appointment Create requests and the Appointment Close-Out Data Report. The updates were not made to Mail.XML 10.0 which prevented mailers from making appointments using Mail.XML 10.0. The USPS is currently working towards reverting to support Mail.XML10.0 Appointment Create requests.
The recommended workaround is for mailers to schedule an Appointment using the FAST on-line system. Mailers can also contact the FAST Help Desk via eMail (FAST@usps.com) or telephone (1-877-569-6614). We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Updates will be provided as they become available. The “Known Issues” list is posted on RIBBS/Major/Minor Releases.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.
Nice workaround. Ahem.
Mailer ID System Release Notes
New functionality for
1. User CRID Modification
2. MID Service Selection
3. Data Distribution Profiles
IMb™ Services Update
PostalOne!® Release 38 deployed on Sunday, August 24, 2014. If you have any issues, including the submission of electronic documentation or accessing information through reports, contact the PostalOne! Help Desk at 800.522.9085. Following are the known issues and temporary procedures:
Commercial Plus Pricing
- The system is incorrectly calculating postage for mailers who receive Commercial Plus Pricing using Postal Wizard or hard copy postage statements. Business Mail Entry employees have been instructed to accept and release these mailings but to not process the postage statement(s) until this issue is resolved.
Uploading Mail.dat®/Mail.XML™ files
- Mailers may experience issues uploading Mail.dat or Mail.XML files. If you experience any issues uploading files, please contact the PostalOne! Help Desk at 800.522.9085.
- The data for the MicroStrategy reports is not available at this time. This includes the Mailer Profile, Electronic Verification, eInduction, and Seamless tabs of the scorecard. We will provide an update when the data is available.
R 38 Price Change Statement Mailing Date Reminder:
- For all Postage Statements submitted for all submission types, the Postage Statement Mailing Date cannot cross any price change date. An error message will occur when the Statement Mailing Dates within a job cross the price change date when the mailing dates are notallbefore or not all after the Price Change date.
For example, the Postage Statement Mailing date for each postage statement within the job must all be before or after the price change of January 25, 2014, or September 7, 2014.
Live Animal Transport Fee
- When Mail.dat files are submitted, the system is unable to collect the Live Animal Transport Fee.
- PostalOne! IT will provide the BMEUs with the amount to be collected once the issue is resolved. The BMEU will then perform a manual adjustment.
Reminder – a new client download is required for Release 38.0
We are working to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Updates will be provided as they become available. The Known Issues list is posted on RIBBS/Major/Minor Releases
Business as usual for PostalOne releases.
Military Change of Addresses
Primary Audience: NCOALink® Licensees (Developers, Full and Limited Service and End User Licensees)
What: Beginning with product release 1145, military change of addresses (COAs) are now included in the NCOALink Product. These COAs include both old and new side foreign and domestic military addresses.
With the inclusion of the military COAs, no changes to your NCOALink software are required.
When: Beginning with product release 1145
What you need to do: With the addition of military COAs, Licensees should expect to see an increase in COA records. The increased number is undetermined since these COAs have just begun to be accepted.
If you have any questions, contact the Licensing and Certification Department at 800-589-5766.